Arts Briefs

Kate Branum

Rocket Stove Workshop

Campus Life at Grand Valley State University will host a workshop focused on using local material to produce efficient heat Monday, March 20, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Lubbers Family Farm in Grand Rapids.

Special guest Deanne Bednar of The Stawbale Studio located in Oxford, Michigan will lead the workshop, educating participants on rocket stoves and providing guidance through the construction of a rocket stove on GVSU’s Sustainable Agriculture Project.

Intercultural Festival

The Intercultural Festival has been an annual tradition at Grand Valley State University since 2005. Each year, the event is held to recognize and celebrate the ways in which individuals across campus are diverse.

This year, the festival will be held Tuesday, March 21, all day in various locations on the Allendale Campus.

The goal for the event is to spark a proud sense of diversity and acceptance through an array of free refreshments, good music, dancing, displays and opportunities to learn about different cultures.

Theater at Grand Valley Presents: Helen

The theater department at Grand Valley State University will hold performances of Helen beginning Friday, March 24, at 7:30 p.m. in the Louis Armstrong Theater in the Performing Arts Center on the Allendale Campus.

Tickets will be available to purchase at the Louis Armstrong Theatre box Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. as well as the 20/20 Desk located in the Kirkhof Center.

Grand Rapids Records and CD Show

Looking to expand your music collection? Stop in at the Grand Rapids Record and CD Show Saturday, March 25, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Westgate Bowl Center in Grand Rapids (4486 Alpine Ave. NW).

Vendors from various shops around the greater Grand Rapids area will be selling or trading vinyl records, CDs, music memorabilia and tapes from all genres of music.

Admission to the event is $2 per person.