News Briefs

LGBT Lunch

The Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center will be holding a welcome back event Monday, Aug. 29. Starting at noon, all students are invited to the “Big Queer Welcome Back” lunch in the resource center in the Kirkhof Center. The event will include free food and will act as an opportunity for students to socialize and make new friends. This event will also occur Aug. 30-31. Contact [email protected] for more details.

Poke Party

Grand Valley State University students can spend some free time catching Pokemon around the Cook Carillon Tower from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m Tuesday, Aug. 30. The event will include music, giveaways and Pokemon lures. The event is open to all GVSU community members. Contact [email protected] for more details.

Interfaith Open House

Campus Interfaith Resources will be holding an Interfaith Open House Tuesday, Aug. 30 on the west lawn of the Kirkhof Center. From 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., students are invited to play games and enjoy ice cream while interacting with various organizations. Students are encouraged to ask questions about religious, spiritual and secular opportunities and engage with others. For more information, contact [email protected].

ACES Open House

Alcohol Campus Education Services (ACES) will host an event Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. welcoming back Grand Valley State University students in recovery as well as students interested in learning about recovery resources and those hoping to learn more about making safe choices. The event will include information on 12-step meetings, narcotics anonymous meetings, Adult Children of Alcoholics, Change Your Use groups and campus resources. There will also be giveaways and food provided. The event will be held in Kirkhof Center Room 0073.

Yard Games

The recreation center will host a night dedicated to classic yard games Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event is open to all Grand Valley State University students and will be held outside Kleiner Commons. All students are encouraged to play games, enjoy the outdoors and learn more about what Campus Recreation has to offer. Visit www.gvsu.edu/rec for more information.