A&E Briefs 3/8

Mary Dupuis

Grand Rapids Circle Theatre welcomes performers back, opens 2021 auditions 

This year, the Circle Theatre will be hosting virtual auditions for three of their main productions, those being: “The Gin Game,” “Always… Patsy Cline,” and “Cabaret.”

From March 1-14, virtual auditions will be open for “The Gin Game” and “Always…Patsy Cline” and from March 1-28, auditions will be open for “Cabaret.” This show will include intentional color casting in the roles of Master of Ceremonies, Sally Bowles, Clifford Bradshaw, and others.

“The Gin Game” and “Always…Patsy Cline” will both be “Circle On The Lawn” productions, meaning the performances will be taking place outside on a stage set up on the Circle Theatre lawn. 

In July, Circle Theatre is planning to move back into its theatre with the production of “Cabaret.”

GV Campus Activities Board prepares for in-person Just Dance Party

The Grand Valley State University Campus Activities Board (CAB) will be holding a “Just Dance Fitness Hour” in-person at the Kelly Family Sports Center. 

On Friday, March 12 at 8 p.m., students are invited to join in a fun new way to dance around with friends and work on some fitness with CAB. 

There is a 50-person limit, and students are required to RSVP to the event on LakerLink. CDC Social Distancing Guidelines will be adhered to, and students are encouraged to bring a water bottle with their masks. 

GV Campus Activities Board set to hold their own version of Painting With a Twist 

Students are invited to take a break from their online classes and midterms by venturing to the Grand River Room in Kirkhof for Grand Valley State University’s Campus Activities Board’s “Paint and Sip” event. 

On Thursday, March 11 at 7:00 p.m. students are welcome to join in an evening of painting and music to help unwind and eliminate some of the stress of the semester. Students are asked to RSVP for the event on LakerLink before attending. 

Grand Rapids will hold last “Seasonal Wonders” Projection Show this weekend

This weekend will be the final showing of the World of Winter Festival’s “Seasonal Wonders” Projection Show. 

As part of the World of Winter festival, shows take place every Saturday and Sunday evening at 7, 8, and 9 p.m. and will continue through March 14 on the facade of the Civic Auditorium in Downtown Grand Rapids. 

The installation showcases the four seasons of Grand Rapids, and each show lasts about 20 minutes.