Bus, *print only*

Jess Hodge

HEADLINE: How to get to…

Subhead: Popular places in the greater Grand Rapids area and how to get there via bus

Directions courtesy of GVSU Transportation Services

Not every student at Grand Valley State University is lucky enough to have a car on campus, so they rely on The Rapid bus system to get them to and from places they need to go. The bus system can be tricky for students to navigate, especially through the greater Grand Rapids area. Many students know how to grab the 50 to get groceries at Meijer, but how do they get to other places they want to go to? The Rapid luckily has more buses than the 37, 48 and 50. Here’s a list of popular places for students to go and how to get there via bus.

To: Gerald. R. Ford International Airport

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

1. Get on the eastbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) at either Mackinac Hall or Kirkhof Center on Allendale Campus.
2. Take the eastbound Route 50 to the bus stop at Monroe Avenue and Louis Street (first stop past Pew Campus stop). Get off here and walk across Monroe Avenue to transfer to the southbound Silver Line (Route SL/90) to ride to Central Station.
3. Get off at Central Station.
4. Transfer to the Wealthy/Woodland (Route 5) or East Town/Woodland (Route 6) bus at the Rapid Central Station.
5. At the Woodland Mall, transfer to the Woodland Mall/ Airport (Route 17)  bus.
6. Get off the Route 17 bus at the airport.

To: Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

1. Get on the eastbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) at the bus stop located at Kirkhof Center or Mackinac Hall.
2. Get off the bus at the GVSU Pew Campus bus stop located on Fulton Street at Mt. Vernon Avenue (under US-131).
3. Cross Fulton Street at the crosswalk and follow the sidewalk north to Front Avenue. Turn right and follow the sidewalk along Front Street (follow it left/north at the Eberhard Center).

4. Continue north to intersection of Pearl and Front streets.

5: The museum is located at 303 Pearl St. NW.

To: Grand Rapids Public Museum

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

3. Cross Fulton Street at the crosswalk and follow the sidewalk north to Front Avenue. Turn right and follow the sidewalk along Front Street (follow it left at Eberhard Center).
4. Public Museum will be on your right.

To: Rapid Central Station/Greyhound Bus Station 

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

1. Get on the eastbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) at either Mackinac Hall or Kirkhof Center on Allendale Campus.
2. Transfer to eastbound West Fulton (Route 12) at Pew Campus stop or connect to southbound Silver Line (Route 90) along Monroe Avenue. Either bus will take you to Rapid Central Station.
3. Get off at Rapid Central Station.

To: RiverTown Crossings Shopping Mall

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

2. Transfer to West Fulton bus (Route 12) at Pew Campus stop or connect to Silver Line bus (Route 90) along Monroe Avenue. Either bus will take you to Rapid Central Station.
3. Get off at Rapid Central Station.
4. At Rapid Central Station, transfer to the Grandville/RiverTown Crossings (Route 8) bus.
3. Exit the bus at the stop located at RiverTown Crossings.

To: Van Andel Arena

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

2. Get off the bus at the stop located at Monroe Avenue and Louis Street, just past TGI Friday’s.
3. Walk south to Fulton Street.

To: East Town

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

2. Transfer to eastbound West Fulton (Route 12) at Pew Campus stop or connect to southbound Silver Line (Route 90) along Monroe. Either bus will take you to Rapid Central Station.
3. Get off at Rapid Central Station.
4. Get on the southbound Eastown/Woodland (Route 6).
5. Get off at Wealthy Street & Lake Drive.

To: The B.O.B.

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

1. Get on the eastbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) at either Mackinac Hall or Kirkhof Center on Allendale Campus or at the Pew Campus stop on Fulton Street at Mt. Vernon (under US-131).

3. Walk south to The B.O.B.

To: The Intersection

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

1. Get on the eastbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) at either Mackinac Hall or Kirkhof Center on Allendale Campus or at the Pew Campus (stop on Fulton Street at Mt. Vernon, under US-131).

3. Get off at Rapid Central Station. From there walk north approximately one block to 133 Grandville Ave.

To: Monroe Center St.

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

2. Get off at Monroe Avenue & Louis Street. 

To: Wealthy Theatre

From: GVSU’s Allendale Campus

2. Transfer to West Fulton bus (Route 12) at Pew Campus stop or connect to Silver Line bus (Route 90) along Monroe. Either bus will take you to Rapid Central Station.
3. Get off at Rapid Central Station.
4. Get on the southbound Wealthy/Woodland (Route 5).
5. Get off at Wealthy & Barth.
6. From here you will have to walk approximately 1/2 block east to theatre.