Arts Briefs PRINT ONLY JOSH

Kate Branum

Presidential Debate Watch Party

Grand Valley State University’s Office of Student Life will be hosting a presidential debate watching party Monday, Sept. 26 from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room of the Mary Idema Pew Library on the Allendale Campus.

Following the debate, there will be a 30-minute discussion, giving participants an opportunity to hash out any points made during the televised coverage or engage in a civil debate of their own regarding political views.

This is the first debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. The debate is hosted by NBC and will be moderated by Lester Holt.

For more information on this event, contact Melissa Baker-Boosamra at [email protected].

Five Under 35

Five recent Grand Valley State University graduates, all under the age of 35, will return to campus to shed some light on the road to a successful future after graduation Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Alumni House.

This event, facilitated by the Future Alumni Association, will allow current students to listen to a panel of GVSU alumni speak from first-hand experience on how to be successful in college and transition into the professional world.

Attendees will have an opportunity to ask any questions they may have about life after college.

Refreshments and professional headshots taken by the Future Alumni Association will be available for all participants.

Alternative Breaks Info Night

Grand Valley State University Alternative Breaks will be holding an information night Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Henry Hall Atrium.

There will be tables set up around the atrium, each displaying a different trip opportunity and theme. All participants will have a chance to meet the site leaders, ask questions and sign up to receive information for the trips they would like to attend.

To apply to be a trip participant, visit the Alternative Breaks Orgsync page. Applications will open Wednesday, Sept. 28 before the information night and will remain open until Friday, Nov. 11.

Saturday Night Dive

Grand Valley State University’s Spotlight Productions is hosting the first of two Saturday Night Dive improvisational comedy events this semester Saturday, Oct. 1 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Kirkhof Center lounge area.

Lakers will showcase their stand-up skills with some improvisational comedy routines and original jokes.

This event is free and light refreshments will be provided.

For all students interested in being an emcee for this year’s Homecoming Lip Sync show, there will be an opportunity to audition for the role at the Saturday Night Dive.