PRINT ONLY Arts briefs

Kate Branum

‘Try It Before you Buy it’: Campus Recreation Center Offers Free Trial for Fall Classes

Beginning Wednesday, Aug. 31, the Field House Kelly Family Sports Center at Grand Valley State University is promoting fitness on campus by offering new and and returning students an opportunity to try out fall group exercise classes completely free of cost.

The center provides a wide variety of beginning, intermediate, and experienced group fitness classes, such as yoga, ZUMBA, INSANITY interval training, Cardio Hip Hop and spinning classes.

The promotion will run until Friday, Sept. 11. For more information about classes and fall pass prices, contact the recreation center at [email protected].

Student Life hosts Pokemon Party

For those who missed the chance to “catch ’em all” this summer, Student Life at Grand Valley State University is hosting a PokeParty, which will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 31 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on the Kirkhof lawn on the Allendale Campus.

The party will include fun activities, an opportunity to talk to the staff at the Student Life office, free ice cream, a walking challenge and many lure modules to boost Pokemon-capturing success.

At the event, each participant will have a chance to get a Louie the Laker Pokemon card that shows exactly where all the Pokemon stops are on campus.

Document rare catches and keep up with the fun on social media at #PokemonGV

GVSU and SEOULTECH Art and Design Exhibition 2016

Faculty members from the Department of Art and Design at Grand Valley State University and the College of Art and Design at Seoul National University of Science and Technology, located in South Korea, have partnered for the second time to create a joint exhibition.

This exhibition displays the work done by faculty instructors in a wide range of creative media, including ceramics, metalsmithing, digital design, printmaking, jewelry design, fiber arts, painting, visual studies and sculpture.

The exhibition will be held from Friday, Aug. 26 until Friday, Nov. 4. at the Art Gallery in the Performing Arts Center on the Allendale Campus.

Study Abroad FIRST STEP Meeting

All students at Grand Valley State University interested in studying abroad will have an opportunity to have all of their questions answered Wednesday, Aug. 31.

The first study abroad FIRST STEP meeting will be held from 5 p.m. until 6 p.m. in Lake Ontario Hall Room 130 on the Allendale Campus.

Each study abroad meeting scheduled for the semester is designed to help students pick a program that best suits their academic needs. Detailed discussions about studying abroad ensure that each student is confident about leaving the country when the time comes.

These informational sessions allow ample time to talk about the basics of studying abroad, including how to pick a program and how to fund a trip.