Guest Physician to Speak at GV 

The Grand Valley State University Pre-Students of Osteopathic Medicine Club will present a guest speaker tonight at 9 p.m. in Room 164 of Lake Ontario Hall. Dr. Brian Paff will speak about his medical experiences, discuss the application process for medical school and answer students’ questions.

Throughout the year, Pre-SOMA Club hosts MCAT preparation sessions and provides members with volunteer and job shadowing opportunities.

For more information, contact Tyler Madden at [email protected].

How to Find an Internship

The Grand Valley State University Career Center is hosting an internship session at 4 p.m. on Tuesday in Room 2266 of the Kirkhof Center. Internship supervisors from area workplaces, including the Grand Rapids Griffins and Quicken Loans, will explain why having an internship is important for college students and highlight how to succeed in an internship.

Attendees will learn how to find internship opportunities, how to get college credit and how to apply for positions. Those who are interested should dress professionally and bring copies of their resume.

For more information, contact the Career Center at (616) 331-3311 or [email protected].

Economics Open House

The economics department is holding an open house at Grand Valley State University on Wednesday, Sept. 24. The event will occur from 11:45 a.m. until 1:15 p.m. in Room 2266 of the Kirkhof Center. Lunch is provided.

The open house will include information about the economics courses offered at GVSU and potential career paths for economics majors or minors. Faculty from the economics department will be present to answer questions. All students, regardless of their major, are encouraged to attend.

To register, call (616) 331-7290 or email [email protected]. For more information, visit www.gvsu.edu/economics/.