April Fools’ Day prank starts Campus West fire

Hannah Lentz

At approximately 9:15 a.m., a fire was contained in the Campus West apartment complex due to an unfortunate April Fools’ Day prank. According to Capt. Dave Pelton from the Allendale fire and rescue department, the fire started after a small firework was ignited indoors. The firework then landed in a laundry hamper, starting the fire. There have been no injuries, and no other apartment units in the area were harmed. Residents in surrounding apartments will be able to move back into their apartments today.