Japan Study Abroad Session

The Grand Valley State University Padnos International Center is presenting a study abroad session at 6 p.m. tonight in Room A-2103 of Mackinac Hall.

The event will provide students with information about the theatre and language summer program in Japan. The trip is open to all majors, and it is faculty-led.

For more information, contact Jeremy Robinson at (616) 331-8907 or [email protected].

Breaking down walls

To Write Love on Her Arms is hosting an informational event about mental health tonight at 8 p.m. in Room 2263 in the Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University. This event is LIB 100/LIB 201 approved.

The event will focus on mental health issues including depression, suicide, anxiety, self-harm, addiction and eating disorders. The goal is to raise awareness about these topics through storytelling and discussion.

TWLOHA is a nonprofit service and advocacy organization that works to raise awareness and help those suffering from mental health disorders.

For more information, contact TWLOHA President Quinton Pickelhaupt at [email protected].

Excellence Series: bias incident protocol training

The Grand Valley State University team against bias is presenting a workshop from 3 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday in Room 1008A of the L. William Seidman Center on the Pew Campus. This event is open to faculty, staff and students.

Attendees will learn how to define a bias incident and what to do if they encounter one on campus. The interactive program will include information on educating and engaging the community to raise awareness about the proper ways to report a bias incident.

To register, visit www.gvsu.edu/seminar. For more information, contact human resources at [email protected].

Women’s Mentoring Reception

The Grand Valley State University Women’s Commission is hosting the third annual reception on Tuesday from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Loosemore Exhibition Hall on the Pew Campus.

Participants will network and connect with potential mentors. Refreshments will be provided.

The Women’s Commission has a history of working on various projects that focus on improving the lives of women on campus, and it has become a mentoring service for students.

To register, visit www.gvsu.edu/wcommission. For more information, contact [email protected].

Wheelhouse talk with Barbara Pickut

The Grand Valley State University Hauenstein Center is sponsoring a lecture by Barbara Pickut at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday in the L. William Seidman Center on the Pew Campus. The event is free and open to the public.

Pickut is the director of Parkinson’s and movement disorders at the Mercy Health Hauenstein Neuroscience Center and an associate professor for the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University. She co-founded the Belgian Movement Disorders Society. She will speak on her global and local leadership and medical experiences.

To register, visit www.hauensteincenter.org/events-calendar/. For more information, contact Victoria VanDragt at (616) 331-2770.