Arts & Entertainment Briefs 1/8

Mending Market at I’m An Artist Community Studio

The I’m An Artist Community Studio is hosting their final open studio mending session on Jan. 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those with damaged garments are encouraged to attend and learn how to repair their clothing. 

According to the event’s description on Experience Grand Rapids, “mending helps us take eco-steps toward sustainability by minimizing clothing waste, as well as unnecessary spending on new garments.”

Concerts Under the Stars: Silent Spirit

Electronic music act Silent Spirit will perform at the Grand Rapids Public Museum (GRPM) on Jan. 11 and 12 from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. as part of the GRPM’s “Concerts Under the Stars” experience. The collaborative shows aim to highlight West Michigan music and visual artists through an immersive and unique experience for concertgoers. 

Tickets are available for purchase on the GRPM website

World of Winter to include Fire & Ice skating performance

As part of Downtown Grand Rapids Inc’s. (DGRI) World of Winter Festival, “Fire & Ice” ice skating performance will take place at Rosa Parks Circle on Jan. 13 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Performers will encounter a “unique blend of elements” on the rink, while viewers can enjoy the local food trucks and other activities available. 

After the performances conclude, those in attendance are welcome to enjoy open skate.

Improv Comedy at Wealthy Theatre

Pop Scholars Improv is returning for their 15th season on Jan. 13 at the Wealthy Theatre in Grand Rapids. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show concludes at 10 p.m.

Tickets for the show are available for purchase

The Artistry of Vadim Gluzman

The Grand Rapids Symphony and conductor Marcelo Lehninger will join violinist Vadim Gluzman for a two-night performance at the DeVos Performance Hall on Jan. 12 and 13. Both performances will begin at 7 p.m.

According to the symphony webpage, audiences can expect to be “on the edge of your seat as you experience the passionate opening, a lyrical mid-section, to a virtuosic finale in this modern-era masterwork.”

Tickets are available on Ticketmaster.