Arts Briefs 2/7

Sabrina Edwards, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Craft friendship bracelets

The Honors Student Council at Grand Valley State University is inviting those who’re interested to come craft friendship bracelets with them Monday, Feb. 7. This event will run from 7-8 p.m. It’s free to attend so those who’re interested are welcome to bring their friends and do some DIY activities. This will be taking place in the Niemeyer Multipurpose Room and is being hosted by the Fredrik Meyer Honors College. Supplies will be provided at the event.

Be a part of Brahms Fest

Program four of the Brahms series festival will be takes place on Feb 7. This is the fourth program in a series of six total programs. There will be an on-campus viewing as well as one off-campus.

Both concerts are completely free and open to the public. Throughout this festival, The Grand Valley Department of Music, Theatre and Dance have been showcasing all of Brahms classical works.

On Monday the event will take place in the Haas Center for Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. This will feature a piano trio and a piano quartet. Sookkyung Cho will be playing piano with Letitia Jap on violin, Pablo Mahave-Veglia playing cello and Barbara Corbató playing viola. For those interested in getting updates and reminders, there’s a mailing list available for the chamber series on the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance’s page.

Listen to live music at World of Winter

World of Winter events are happening all week but there are certain dates to keep a lookout for in order to catch the live performances. On Feb. 9 there will be live percussion performed by the group Goat Trip. This will take place under “The Singing Tree” installation in front of the Grand Rapids Public Museum. The performance will start at 7 p.m. regardless of the weather. Those who attend should dress warmly as it’s all outdoors. There’ll be another chance to catch this performance on Feb. 23.

City Built Brewing will have a beer tent up at 1 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 11 for those who’re interested in grabbing a drink and listening to live music. There will be performances from The Legal Immigrants, Conrad Shock + The Noise and King Possum. The tent will be located at 820 Monroe Ave.

There will be a chance to see the pop-up performer on Feb. 11 from 6-8 p.m. There will be performers scattered around Grand Rapids, those looking to see some of these performances should explore the installations for World of Winter and hope to run into one of these performers.