Arts & Entertainment Briefs 1/23

Emma Armijo, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Dancing with the Stars: Live on Tour in Grand Rapids

The iconic dance competition featuring celebrity guests and talented dancers is stopping in Grand Rapids for a performance. Co-Hosted by Gabby Windey, special guests include Charlie and Heidi D’Amelio and more on select dates. 

The Dancing with the Stars: Live performance is taking place at the DeVos Performing Arts Hall. The show starts at 8:30 pm on Jan. 30. Tickets are still available on Vividseats or Ticketmaster, starting at around $40 each. An incline in ticket price is expected as availability declines and demand increases.

For more information, visit the Dancing with the Stars: Live on tour website or the Grand Rapids Events page.

GV Elite Dance Team performs at GR basketball game

The recreational dance team and student organization, “Elite Dance” at Grand Valley State University performed at a professional basketball game in Grand Rapids over the weekend. 

The performance took place before tip-off of the Grand Rapids Gold game on Friday, Jan. 20. For more information about Elite Dance Team at Grand Valley State University, visit the Elite Dance Team’s page on LakerLink, or their Instagram page.

Art Exhibition Opening & Reception on campus

The exhibition, “Convergence: Cracks in the Glass Ceiling,” is holding its reception on the Allendale campus on Thursday, Jan. 26. “Cracks in the Glass Ceiling,” is an informative installation of a college of different artists commenting on the growth and maturation of thought processes towards culture, community, and experiences.

The reception will take place from 5 to 7:00 p.m. in Room 1121 of the Haas Center for Performing Arts, where the art will be on display March 13. 

The exhibition was curated by Stephen and Taylor Smith, co-created with  MUSE GR. Refreshments and remarks will take place at 6:00 p.m., according to the GVSU events calendar, where more information can be found.

Promotions Office is looking to hire new staff members

The Grand Valley State University of the Promotions Office within the Division of Student Affairs is looking to hire. There is an opening in marketing and communications within the Promotions Office for a staff writer.

Applications can be found under “Work Here!” on the Promotions Office website. Other information about the Promotions Office and the Division of Student Affairs can be found on their Instagrams @promotionsoffice and @gvsustudentlife