Drake’s “For All the Dogs” leads him on the path to new records

It seems like whenever Drake drops music the entire rap community tunes in, and all media coverage is centered around him. It’s impossible to not hear about Drake dropping a song or album.

Lately, I have noticed every time a new Drake album or song comes out, a new record is close to being broken, or one actually gets broken. Drake’s latest album release “For All the Dogs” came with many high charting songs, and he was able to tie Michael Jackson for the most number-one singles by a solo male artist with this latest release. In addition, “For All the Dogs” brought more success to Drake making it his 13th number-one album release for the Billboard 200 charts. These are amazing accomplishments for the artist and put him closer to claiming the number-one spot on many other records. Considering all of this, I think Drake will break many of the records he is close to breaking and every album he releases will always go number one. 

Drake started rapping in 2006 and had his first number-one studio album in 2010. At this point, Drake is a veteran in the music industry. With being a part of music for so long, Drake has had the opportunity to influence and gain an audience from different generations. This is something many artists can’t relate to. There’s often a disconnect and disagreement when talking about artists between generations. The younger generations follow and listen to newer artists and older generations think the artists they have listened to for years are better. Drake has fans growing up and listening to his music and fans who have been listening to him for almost 15 years. This all contributes to making Drake’s songs so popular and leads all of his albums to the number-one spot on the charts.

Drake and his team are also amazing at driving engagement. As I mentioned previously, if Drake is planning to go on tour or drop music, your entire social media feed will be flooded with his content. Staying relevant as a rapper or entertainer is probably one of the hardest things to do. We all have one celebrity or entertainer who was our favorite that we haven’t seen or heard of in a long time. It’s all a part of the entertainment industry, if you aren’t bringing in great numbers or viewers someone newer or younger takes the spotlight, and the cycle continues over and over. Especially in today’s society with social media, we are seeing more one-hit wonders and people going viral once and never being seen again. Drake on the other hand has claimed a spot and is here to stay. Whether Drake goes on a podcast, live streams with other rappers or hosts a basketball tournament, the whole world knows about it. He always has a social media presence keeping his engagement high. Even having his six-year-old son featured on a newly released song has brought a tremendous amount of attention to Drake.

With all of these things combined, Drake is one of the few rappers that has stayed relevant over many generations. Drake is close to breaking many records and tied for some currently, and I do not doubt that he will continue to rise to fame with each new album he releases.