Laker Life Briefs 9/4

Campus Ministries cookout and carnival 

Campus Ministries is holding a free cookout and carnival on Wednesday, Sep. 6, on the Mary Idema Pew Library lawn. Students can hang out from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for free food, inflatables, yard games and to meet new people. RSVP for this event on LakerLink

First meeting for Latino Student Union

The Latino Student Union is holding their first interest meeting on Wednesday, Sep. 6. from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. in room 2250 of Kirkhof Center. Students can attend this event to learn more about the Latino Student Union and meet the executive board and other students. All students are invited to come. For more information and to RSVP to the event, visit LakerLink

Fall auditions for student improv group

Grand Valley State University’s improv group “Subject to Change” is holding fall auditions on Sep. 7 at 6 p.m. and Sep. 8 at 3 p.m. in room 2270 at Kirkhof Center. The organization says the audition is “low pressure” and attendees can get to know each other and play some collaborative games. Visit LakerLink to RSVP and get more information

Silent Disco for students

On Friday, Sep. 8, the Campus Activities Board and the Office of Student Life are hosting a silent disco from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on the Kirkhof Center lawn. Each DJ will have their own style of music and students can choose which style to listen to through wireless headphones. Students must bring their GVSU ID to receive headphones. To RSVP for this event, visit LakerLink.