Arts Briefs

Maddie Forshee

Arts Briefs

Symphonic Wind Ensemble

At 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 10, professor Kevin Tutt will direct the Symphonic Wind Ensemble in the Louis Armstrong Theatre in the Performing Arts Center. The ensemble will perform works by Mennin and Gould before a short intermission. After the break, the music will resume with works from Debussy and Carl Orff. The ensemble is composed of music students, accompanied by applied instrumental faculty members.
The concert is free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.gvsu.edu/music.

Queer in the New Year

The Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center is holding an end-of-the-year holiday celebration in the resource center at noon on Dec. 11. They invite all students to visit the office for light refreshments to end the semester on a high note.
For more information, visit gvsu.edu/lgbtrc.

Senior Dance Concert

Senior dance majors have collaboratively developed a dance concert as part of their capstone project. The concert, titled “Trapa,” will showcase seven dancers’ work as the culmination of their dance education. Each dancer will perform a solo as well as in a group to show off their unique choreography.
The senior dance concert will take place at 7 p.m. on Dec. 11 and 12 in the studio theater in the Performing Arts Center.

Symphony Orchestra

On Dec. 12, Henry Duitman will conduct the last Symphony Orchestra concert of the semester. The 70-member orchestra will perform the works of Verdi, Beethoven and Kodaly.
There will be a live stream of the concert on the orchestra website at www.gvsu.edu/orchestra.
The Symphony Orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Louis Armstrong Theatre in the Performing Arts Center. For more information, visit www.gvsu.edu/music.

“Tumultuous” Special Showing

The photography senior thesis, a project called “Tumultuous,” will end on Dec. 11, but the photographers will host a special viewing of the exhibit on Dec. 12 from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. They will be present to discuss their work and their experiences.
“Tumultuous” features photography from 12 student photographers as the final portion of their education. For more information, visit www.gvsu.edu/events