FRESH START

It’s the first official day of classes, Grand Valley State University, and love it or hate it – it’s finally here. Campus is booming, and as we speak, the Lanthorn is watching Louie the Laker shake it by Zumberge Pond with GVSU students.

Over the summer, the Lanthorn has been working around the clock to make improvements to our print and web products, and we expect our very first mobile app to debut shortly after Labor Day.

Though our Your Space section isn’t new, it is getting a face lift, and we need your help – all student writers, photographers and artists of any kind are welcome to send their submissions to [email protected], to possibly see your work in print. Also, in print every Monday and Thursday, look for the Lanthorn’s special sections like Money Matters, the Lanthorn’s Housing, Dining and Bus Route guides, surviving finals guide and our commencement edition.

Free classified ads are available to all GVSU students, staff and faculty and can include anything from announcements for student organizations to events, housing openings, employment, and internships so submit yours now and see it in both the print edition throughout the week, and online at www.lanthorn.com.
Also at www.lanthorn.com, look for breaking news and sports updates around the clock, as well as exclusive videos, slideshows and blog posts. See something on campus you think is newsworthy? The Lanthorn has added an all-new online tip line for readers to submit story ideas from all four corners of campus – just go to our website and look for “tip line” in the toolbar at the top of our homepage.

The Lanthorn is here for you, so we want to hear from you – your thoughts, your tips, your concerns – let us know how we can help.
So as we all begin the journey that is the 2012-2013 school year, let’s strap on our high tops, slide on those skinny jeans, throw back a Red Bull, study, party (responsibly) and make this the best year it can be.