Arts Briefs

Time Management SASC Workshop

The Student Academic Success Center at Grand Valley State University will be hosting a workshop geared toward proper time management Tuesday, Jan. 24, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Kirkhof Center, Room 1104.

During the event, participants will learn how to balance academic commitments and spending time with family or friends. The workshop will offer advice on how to develop a personal system of organization and identify strategies on how to achieve goals and aspirations.

“Fire in the Blood” Documentary Screening

All students are encouraged to join Universities Allied for Essential Medicines at Grand Valley State University for a screening of the documentary “Fire in the Blood,” Wednesday, Jan. 25, from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Kirkhof Center, Room 2204.
The compelling and controversial documentary follows several individuals as they fight back against pharmaceutical companies that block access to low-cost AIDS medications.
An in-depth discussion will be held after the screening.

Nonprofit Volunteer and Internship Fair
Connect with various nonprofit organizations around the greater Grand Rapids area at Grand Valley State University’s nonprofit volunteer and internship fair Thursday, Jan. 26 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Henry Hall Atrium on the Allendale Campus.
Come dressed to impress in casual business and professional attire and bring along an updated resume for organizations and employers to reference.

Sibs N’ Kids
Laker Traditions at Grand Valley State University will be hosting a “Sibs N’ Kids” weekend beginning Friday, Jan. 27.
Students across campus are encouraged to invite their younger siblings or other family members such as cousins, nieces and nephews, friends or close neighbors to spend the weekend with them on campus enjoying various activities and creating lasting GVSU memories.