How to enjoy spring break in Michigan **PRINT ONLY**

How to enjoy spring break in Michigan

It’s finally that time of the winter semester: spring break. As this much-needed, well-deserved break comes around, many students are left feeling disappointed that they are staying put in Michigan. While it’s definitely a bummer not to travel somewhere warm and tropical, there are still many ways for students to enjoy spring break in the mitten. Below is a list of some of the options available to make sure spring break 2018 in Michigan is a good one.

1. Travel somewhere in the state you’ve never been. This break is a great opportunity to travel somewhere you’ve always wanted to go in Michigan. With so many beautiful areas to explore, and with the weather continuing to improve and move toward spring-like temperatures, now is a great time to take advantage of traveling within state lines. 

2. Hang out with family and friends. Spring break is a great time to take advantage of spending time with the people you love. Life can get super busy with the responsibilities of classes, and having a week off with no school obligations gives you a great chance to visit with family and friends, especially those you don’t get to see very often. Having quality time with those around you is priceless and much more valuable than a trip abroad. 

3. Do something fun. This could range from going to the movies to going for a hike. Whatever you enjoy doing the most, do it this spring break. You don’t need to be somewhere out of state to do something fun; there are plenty of exciting opportunities right here in Michigan. If you’re looking to do something a little bit different, take to Google and explore some of the entertainment options that exist near you.

4. Try a new place to eat. There are plenty of places left unexplored right in your own backyard. During the semester it’s easy for students to get stuck in a routine. This includes our meals, too, as we typically don’t get to try many new restaurants being busy with all of our school responsibilities. Spring break is a good time to eat somewhere new; decide what you’re in the mood for, and get to searching (and eating). 

5. Treat yourself. Or, in other words (for “Parks and Recreation” fans), “treat yo self.” This can be accomplished a handful of different ways; it really depends on what types of luxuries you enjoy most. Whether this means buying a new outfit, booking a spa appointment, indulging in some sweet treats or hitting the town for a night out, spoil yourself a bit this break. You deserve it. 

6. Ultimately, just relax. Spring break is a great chance to just kick back and de-stress. Take a break from Blackboard, read a good book, go hammocking, escape campus for a bit and unwind. You may still have to work over break, but use the time you’d normally be in class to relax in your own preferred way.