Laker Life Briefs

Work Like A Laker job fair continues

For students who missed the first week of Career Center events, no worries: the WLAL conference lasts until March 18, and features a number of professional development and industry information events leading up to the culminating Virtual Career Fair on Thursday.

Anyone interested in attending events like Tuesday’s “Networking 101 Power Hour with Disney” or the two day long Teacher Recruitment sessions can find Zoom links and a full schedule of events on the Career Center’s website, at www.gvsu.edu/careers.

AOD celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with scavenger hunt

This week, Grand Valley’s Alcohol & Other Drugs Services (AOD) is hosting a “St. Patty’s Day Treasure Hunt” that starts on Monday and ends on Friday, Mar. 19. Treasure bags containing gift cards, t-shirts, snacks and more have been hidden across the Allendale campus.

Those eager to find prizes can find clues to their locations at AOD’s Instagram, @gvsuaod. A full list of Grand Valley’s events for St. Patrick’s Day 2021 can be found on the Division of Student Affairs website, www.gvsu.edu/studentaffairs.

Students invited to discussion on historic local women

This year, the Kutsche Office of Local History is hosting their 12th Annual History Roundtable as a virtual series of events throughout the month of March. Their theme, women’s leadership roles, is being represented this week through a discussion on “Lesser Known Women in West Michigan History,” which will focus on community leaders who leveraged their interests and abilities to make waves in their respective industries.

The roundtable will take place over Zoom from 10-11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, March 17. Those interested can register for the event, as well as find a full schedule with recordings of past roundtables, on the Kutsche Office of Local History website at www.gvsu.edu/kutsche.