How to lose a guy in 10 days

I am sure we all know and love the movie “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” In the film, there is a hilarious dynamic between Andie Anderson (played by Kate Hudson) and Benjamin Barry (Matthew McConaughey), both of whom have hidden agendas of their own.

While the movie primarily focuses on the relationship between these two main characters, I was always fascinated by the article Anderson originally intended to write but that she never really got to finish. Instead, she wrote an introspective piece revealing more information about herself than anything else. Yes, it was the perfect way to conclude the movie, but I couldn’t help but wonder what a modern-day list could have looked like had she written it.

So, I decided to create my own. Below is a list of things to get rid of a guy in 10 days or less. Disclaimer- this article is purely for fun and based on a movie I love, so try not to take anything too seriously.

1. Ask to put a label on it

This question, in itself, is probably one of the fastest ways to repel a man. Nobody ever wants to define something they just got into. A few dates are never enough to really know someone, and men hate it when girls want to define relationships too early on. Pressure them after hanging out for two days. Keep asking them until they give you an answer. Tell them they don’t care about you because they don’t want to put a label on what you guys are. Gaslighting is your friend.

2. Creating composites of what your future kids will look like

While I can’t say that I have ever done that, I can assure you that this will surely scare away someone you just met, especially if you are not doing it in a joking manner. Planning what your future kids look like before you have even reached 10 days can be overwhelming, depending on the person. I know I would feel taken aback if someone did this to me. Make sure you make enough copies to give them to his friends, roommates and parents. You must make sure you put their future due date as well.

3. Get angry every time he doesn’t respond immediately to your texts

It’s something so small but so effective. If he isn’t texting you back within two minutes, blow up his phone with texts until he does. Then, ask him why he didn’t respond to your text faster. If you’ve only known each other for less than ten days, this behavior is almost a surefire way of getting rid of him.

4. Be clingy

When I say clingy, I don’t mean just asking them to hang out. People want you to be interested in spending time with them, so that will not get you anywhere. It might make them like you more.

Your best bet is to ask them every second what they are doing. Put stuff in his apartment to mark your territory. When he mentions anything about going out, ask:
“With who?”
“How many people will be there?”
“What time are you getting back?”
“Can I come?”

Slam them with questions, and then any time he mentions a girl, immediately act like he doesn’t care about you. Tell him, “Have fun with your new girlfriend.” He will really love that.

5. “Chick-Flick” movie marathon

Now, I’m not saying this is foolproof for all relationships, but I believe this could be a good stepping stone if you’re trying to lose a man. It’s something subtle but also something that drives some men crazy. Nobody wants to sit for hours and see “Mean Girls,” “Legally Blonde,” “Pride and Prejudice”… the list is endless.

In reality, you probably can just cut things off by saying it to their faces, but sometimes it’s difficult to be the one to end things.