Why Pinterest is the superior social media

Pinterest is the superior social media. It is superior to Snapchat, it is superior to Instagram and it is even more superior than TikTok. It may sound like a hot take to believe that Pinterest is the best platform, but I always have and always will believe that.

Pinterest is the perfect outlet because it takes the weight out of social media I know we all feel. What I mean by “weight” is comparison, jealousy, stalking, tearing yourself apart. Ring any bells? We have all felt the weight of social media whether or not we want to admit it. We have all stalked an ex, we have all sent someone’s post to a friend and we have all compared ourselves to some stranger online and wondered why we don’t look like them. Pinterest doesn’t involve any of that. 

Pinterest is an art platform in my eyes. It is a social media that doesn’t involve the same aspects as others. On Pinterest, no one cares about how many followers you have. No one looks into who likes your photos because most users don’t post their own photos. No one is looking into who is following who, what you look like, etc. There can still be comparisons due to Pinterest being a picture-based platform, but you are not comparing yourself to the people close to you. No one on Pinterest is DMing their friends’ posts to make fun of their outfits, their boyfriend or their captions. All of the toxic traits that happen within social media are non-existent on Pinterest. 

I view Pinterest as an aesthetically pleasing platform that inspires people visually. It is the perfect platform to create visible goals. You can use Pinterest to create boards for a variety of topics: outfit inspiration, motivational quotes, interior design, planning travel, creating mood boards, recipes and so much more. I utilize Pinterest when I am feeling burnt out or unmotivated. I scroll through Pinterest to see new ideas.

Additionally, Pinterest is made for anyone. My Gigi uses Pinterest, my mom uses Pinterest and my boyfriend uses Pinterest. There is no ‘age limit’ because you can find quite literally anything on Pinterest. There is something for everyone on this platform. Unlike Instagram, whose target audience is 14 to 35 years old, Pinterest has no target audience. They encourage everyone and anyone who signs up for an account to use it. 

Pinterest even created a paid content creator opportunity. This is a great and unique way to collaborate with brands and create your own ads. This helps micro-influencers who may not have much of a following to still be able to create content in collaboration with their favorite brands. Better yet, it’s paid. 

Although Pinterest has been around since 2009, it has never lost its popularity. There are over 463 million Pinterest users today. This was the only social media platform I was allowed to have growing up until high school and I still use it to this day religiously. Pinterest is a timeless classic meant for everyone, of any age, and lovers of any and all hobbies.